Re: oracle xe & enterprise manager

From: Fuzzy <fuzzy.greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: 14 Apr 2007 20:59:38 -0700

On Apr 14, 5:58 am, nicola.att..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed Oracle XE on my Windows pc
> Do you know if this is possible to install also Oracle Enterprise
> Manager ?

No. OEM requires the installation of the SYSMAN userid and many packages owned by that user. It appears that some of those packages requires Java in the database, and that is not provided with XE.

A number of skilled people have tried and have reported failure.

> Is it available for free ?

OEM is not available for free. It is included at no additional charge in the licenses for the Enterprise Edition (and possibly the Standard Edition, but I'm not sure of that.) A subtle, but laywer-happy- making, difference.

BTW: Transferring components (such as Java in the DB) from a for-fee edition to XE is generally thought to require paid license of the edition from which you grab the component. Implying extending XE is not free. Received on Sat Apr 14 2007 - 22:59:38 CDT