Re: Disadvantages enable row movement

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 14 Apr 2007 09:23:42 -0700

On Apr 14, 4:41 am, "Matthias Hoys" <a..._at_spam.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Flashback table requires that enable row movement is activated for the
> table. By default, this is disabled. Are there any disadvantages by enabling
> this for all tables (except that the ROWIDs might change) ? Couldn't find
> much about this in the docs or with Google.
>
> Oracle 10.2.0.3.
>
> Matthias

To my knowledge for all practical purposes there is no performance impact to enabling row movement. This is not to say that an activity that actually caused mass movement of rows will not have a noticable impact on your system but generally speaking this is probably not an issue.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Sat Apr 14 2007 - 11:23:42 CDT