Re: flashback database.. problem!

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 08:35:46 -0700

Andrea wrote:
> I have to try flashback entire database on 10g and after that i open
> it with resetlogs, but it shows me this error:
>
> alter database open resetlogs
> *
> ORA-01152: file 2 was not restored from a sufficiently old backup
> ORA-01110: data file 2: '/u01/oradata/tst01/system.dbf'
>
> :(
>
> this db is only for developer testing, but i don't want reinstall
> all.. help!
>
> thanks

That error message is caused by trying to flashback to a point-in-time prior to beginning the creation of flashback logs.

Do the following:

SELECT oldest_flashback_scn, oldest_flashback_time FROM gv$flashback_datbase_log;

That is as far back as you can go.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington