Re: ORA-00918 expected but ...

From: Torsten Edler <Torsten.Edler_at_googlemail.com>
Date: 13 Apr 2007 04:44:26 -0700

> This looks like a know issue that started on 9.0 I do not have the
> bug number. The problem only exists when the newer ANSI join syntax
> is used. The workaround is to label your columns so that you specify
> which table.column to return.

Which isn't a workaround from my opinion - after i found the problem i fully qualified. It would have saved me a lot of trouble if the db had told me "ambiguous, don't know what to do" instead of defaulting to one out of three possibilities. But as it is a known bug, i hope it will get cured some time. Received on Fri Apr 13 2007 - 06:44:26 CDT