Re: flashback database.. problem!

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Apr 2007 03:27:29 -0700

On Apr 13, 12:19 pm, "Andrea" <netsecur..._at_tiscali.it> wrote:
> I have to try flashback entire database on 10g and after that i open
> it with resetlogs, but it shows me this error:
>
> alter database open resetlogs
> *
> ORA-01152: file 2 was not restored from a sufficiently old backup
> ORA-01110: data file 2: '/u01/oradata/tst01/system.dbf'
>
> :(
>
> this db is only for developer testing, but i don't want reinstall
> all.. help!
>
> thanks

What did you do *exactly*? Exact statements, exact error messages? You didn't look up error 1152 in the documentation, didn't you? Why? This very much looks like you had a logfile switch after your opened the database.
There is only one solution for that:
recover databas using backup controlfile until cancel and type cancel right away.
But one would need to see what you did *exactly* to make sure the advice is adequate.

If you continue in this fashion, you'll probably notice all your queries remain unresponded, you are evolving in a real nuisance, so probably next time you would need to reinstall, and you deserve it. It is an adequate punishment for people not reading the documentation.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA