Re: PMON

From: Uwe Weber <uwe.weber_at_teleos-web.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 00:12:35 +0200

hpuxrac wrote:

>> So my questions are: What is number of this event?
>> Has anybody already used it in a similar situation
>> and did it work as expected?
>>
>> Any other suggestions, hints or tips to cope with a situation
>> like this?
>>

> Did you look at metalink?

Yes and even at the docs :-).

> I think Tom Kyte has some related info over at http://asktom.oracle.com

Yes, he has something about dead client detection and sqlnet.expire_time but the things the Oracle supporter said about an event that would possibly do the same thing without involving the network looked promising. But googling web and groups came up empty, so maybe he has just confused the sqlnet parameter with an event?

Thanks,
uwe Received on Wed Apr 11 2007 - 17:12:35 CDT