Re: odd ( to me ) question

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 11 Apr 2007 14:11:34 -0700

On Apr 11, 3:24 pm, "Ben" <bal..._at_comcast.net> wrote:
> 9.2.0.5 EntEd AIX5L
>
> If I have a read-only table and issue a select statment with no order
> by clause, will the data be returned in the same order every time?

It's possible, IF the read-only table is truly read-only, meaning the table is loaded once and the data is never modified. My experience with 'read-only' tables is that they're read-only for the business day, altered to accept inserts/updates/deletes during off-hours and then made read-only again before the users arrive. In such cases the answer is 'No'.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Apr 11 2007 - 16:11:34 CDT