Re: test restore

From: cptkirkh <khill_at_scic.com>
Date: 11 Apr 2007 13:47:01 -0700

On Apr 11, 3:08 pm, "cptkirkh" <k..._at_scic.com> wrote:
> I am testing a restore operation using Symantec Backup Exec to a
> different server and have some questions. I have install oracle on a
> different server. I then restored the database while the databse is
> shutdown. I then mounted the database but when i run "alter databse
> suning backup controlfile it keeps looking for the other archvile log
> files form the original setup. How can i use oracle to recognize this
> databse i restored and to start it up? Thanks for your help.

Ok here is what I have done far. After reading the Veritas documentation. I found out that the files are restored with the original path in the file name. I renmaed these files and placed them in the location where the new server was located. I now want to recover this db but I don't want it to interfere with the production db. I would assume I need to edit the control file to point the db to where the new archive log files are located nd then run a recover database using backup controlfile. Is this correct? Received on Wed Apr 11 2007 - 15:47:01 CDT