Re: Priv Required to Create a View

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM_ME.NOT_at_verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 13:37:33 GMT

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:33:24 -0700, DA Morgan wrote:

> grant CREATE SESSION, CREATE TABLE, CREATE VIEW, etc. explicitly and
> only as required.

Well, as a DBA, I do have roles that I grant to people: EUSER, DEVELOPER, & LADMIN, but I create those roles myself. EUSER has create session and alter session (needed from time to time, especially with the different date formats), DEVELOPER has all create privilege in addition to the EUSER privileges and LADMIN has more or less the same as the DEVELOPER but granted with the grant option. I dislike RESOURCE because of the unlimited tablespace privilege granted under the hood, but I do like to have uniform set of privileges granted for each business function. It makes my life a lot easier.

--
http://www.mladen-gogala.com