Re: Prophecy Regarding Future of Oracle DBAs

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 10 Apr 2007 15:24:00 -0700

On Apr 10, 2:33 pm, "Matthias Hoys" <a..._at_spam.com> wrote:
> "Mladen Gogala" <mgogala.SPAM_ME...._at_verizon.net> wrote in message

> > On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 14:55:12 -0700, Noons wrote:
>
> >> without a doubt. But when we get to 21g, I'll be 120 and either dead
> >> and buried or plain retired. By then, I shouldn't care much.
>
> > Living easy, livin' free
> > Season ticket, on a one - way ride
> > Asking nothing, leave me be
> > Taking everything in my stride
> > Don't need reason, don't need rhyme
> > Ain't nothing I would rather do
> > Going down, party time
> > My friends are gonna be there too
>
> > I'm on the highway to hell
> > Highway to hell
> > I'm on the highway to hell
> > Highway to hell
>
> > Noons, what if they have Oracle in hell? That would be, well, one hell of
> > a punishment. Can you imagine managing under-powered configurations, with
> > unreliable backup tapes, having to patch constantly, users requesting
> > 367x25x7 availability and everything is urgent for all eternity?
>
> > --
> >http://www.mladen-gogala.com
>
> I'm sure they have a firewall in hell. And Internet Exploder

Somehow this reminds me of the newer Twilight Zone episode where Elliot Gould is an a-hole food critic, doomed to spend an eternity in hell eating bad Chinese food. I think the equivalent for DBA's may be interminable downgrades.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"I fell down, down, down to a burnin' ring of fire." - Johnny Cash,