Re: Shared Memory and Semaphores

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 07:17:50 +0200

On 9 Apr 2007 22:03:55 -0700, "peter" <hhh.database_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>I have doubt in both of these.
>Don't you think oracle is taking to much shared memory and semaphores
>are on these server.
>It's a test server, there so many databases are here on it.
>Please provide any link, which can help me to find that how much
>shared memory and semaphores are good for current databases.

How about reading the friggin manual?
You know, that book you consistently refuse to read! The #1 reason why you are asking RTFM questions for more than a year now!
There is a formula for the # of semaphores, and IIRC, it is in the documentation.
Obviously, you also shouldn't allocate all available physical RAM to SGA.
But you are so lazy, you don't specify the amount of physical RAM, and you leave it to this group, to calculate the total amount of SGA you have allocated. You don't even feed the results of the ipcs command through awk to do this yourself. Probably because you don't know Unix and don't want to read about it either.
Aren't you getting ashamed of yourself?

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA