Create a Trigger for an existing View

From: Dean Tomasevic <dean.tomasevic_at_googlemail.com>
Date: 9 Apr 2007 15:43:39 -0700

Hi!

I created a view from the two existing tables (DEMO_USERS and DEMO_ORDERS). Code:
CREATE VIEW DEMO_MY_TEST AS
SELECT DEMO_USERS.USER_ID, DEMO_ORDERS.ORDER_ID FROM DEMO_USERS
INNER JOIN DEMO_ORDERS
ON DEMO_ORDERS.USER_ID = DEMO_USERS.USER_ID So now my job is to update my view if anybody will take an new order. As example:
If user X with the USER_ID 2 will complete a new order my trigger must updating the view.

But i have problems with the trigger, i know that i must write an updating trigger, but the actuator for the trigger is an "insert into" into the DEMO_ORDERS table, because only if a new order will insert into the DEMO_ORDERS table, then the trigger must be activated and updating the view.

Thanks a lot.

Dean Tomasevic Received on Mon Apr 09 2007 - 17:43:39 CDT