Re: Heartbeat Monitor on stand-alone server and instance

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 18:50:58 +0200

On 9 Apr 2007 08:12:07 -0700, "cory.swartz" <cory.swartz_at_icmatls.com> wrote:

>I see a lot of documentation on the Heartbeat Monitor for clustered
>servers and such. Is there any option of using the heartbeat monitor
>to simply watch the instance state of a single instance on a stand-
>alone server? We are running verion 9.2.0.6.0.
>
>Also, I have not been able to find where this tool is located. Any
>assistance would be greatly appreciated.
>

>Thank You.

The heartbeat monitor applies to RAC.
The instance state can also be monitored by Oracle Enterprise Manager, using the Oracle Intelligent Agent.
Basic functionality is included for free. You can look at the instance state both using a local client or a web based client.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA