Re: Can I remove a table from the recycle bin?

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 14:23:58 +0200

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 12:07:01 GMT, Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM_ME.NOT_at_verizon.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 12:00:39 +0200, sybrandb wrote:
>
>> Are you aware how many third party developers require CONNECT, RESOURCE
>> and DBA privileges for their software?
>
>Developers require DBA privilege? Hmmm, that doesn't sound right.
>Why would they need them? I thought that people with DBA roles are
>called "database administrators".

There are numerous 'database independent' apps, where the developers where just too lazy to find out which privileges they really need. I can mention numerous vendors which don't implement any security at all.
And, oh yeah, Oracle Consultancy isn't a hair better. Just to be sure, several of these apps contain data of a confidential nature.