Re: installation problem 9i

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 11:55:02 +0200

On 9 Apr 2007 00:12:29 -0700, "oracle.me34_at_gmail.com" <oracle.me34_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Follow up:
>
>I discovered that the environment parameter ORACLE_SID is nor set
>properly.
>There is one more thing not a problem but I found it interesting.
>
>Right now I can not do any operattion on the listener using 9.2.
>But the listener process that works for 10G handles the service for
>9.2.
>
>When I run
>>lsnrctl status
>I get
>
>TNS-12618: TNS:versions are incompatible

lsnrctl status
would use
the first lsnrctl executable in your path (verified with 'which lsnrctl') on a listener called 'listener'

and yes, you can not operate on with 9i utilities on 10g listeners (which is actually documented), and the 10g listener will also support 9i (which is also documented), especially if you use the default port 1521, as all databases wil automatically register themself with every listener running on port 1521. (ie even if the database is not in the SID_LIST_LISTENER section of listener.ora)

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA