Re: Database is up or down

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM_ME.NOT_at_verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 04:16:13 GMT

On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 20:11:59 -0700, Steve Robin wrote:

> Please let know, whether database is up or down here. As well if it is
> up then how can I connect to database. It is oracle 9.2.0.3 on Sun
> Solaris.

The database is down because Oracle tells you so. Oracle is (almost) always right. To find out more about it, look into $ORACLE_BASE/admin/PSPATCH/bdump/alert_PSPATCH.log Also, 9.2.0.3 is an extremely early (and buggy) patch level of 9iR2 database. Patch it up to 9.2.0.8. If you're lucky, whatever has brought down your instance might have been fixed in the latest patch set. You should ask yourself one question only: do I feel lucky? Well, do you?

--
http://www.mladen-gogala.com