Re: Configuration question

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM_ME.NOT_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 16:57:56 GMT

On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 23:47:13 -0700, hasta_l3 wrote:

> On 7 avr, 00:13, Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM-ME...._at_verizon.net> wrote:
>
> [...]
>

>> I find his list boring, low in quality and completely worthless, which
>> means that you'll fit in just fine.

> Dear Mladen,
>
> I read this very interesting newsgroup on a somewhat regular basis,
> looking for technical content...
>
> I certainly understand - and approve - a polite advice to read the
> manuals.
>
> However, I would be very grateful if you could avoid personal attacks,
> because they prevent me to achieve my self-education goals, both because
> they are usually without technical content and because I cannot help but
> feel so sorry for the attacked person.
>
> Thanks much for your understanding. Really !
>
> --- Raoul

Dear Raoul, your self-education is of the utmost importance to me. Have you considered CBT or the good, old instructor lead training? How about reading books? I assure you, these are all very efficient methods for learning Oracle, along with using it in real life. This list, on the other hand, is not a free CBT. I will answer technical questions to the best of my abilities and will sometimes use sarcasm to the best of my abilities to discourage questions like "I installed Oracle XE. How do I use it"? Trust me, you will not be the only person feeling sorry for the victim, but tough love is good for the education. It will most certainly help you in achieving your self-education goals. If you want to enjoy a cozy and protected environment which will be flooded with the questions like the one above, just send an email to oracle-l-request_at_freelists.org with "subscribe oracle-l" in the subject. Your mailbox with fill with joy and many, many questions like the one quoted above. The moderator will protect civility and politeness of the communication, it's his only goal in life. So, there is an alternative to this group, you don't have to suffer from bad people like me, you can enjoy on the list where the lion and the lamb will live happily next to each other, until they both die of boredom. Happy Easter!

--
http://www.mladen-gogala.com