Re: Oracle Database with Microsoft Active Directory

From: EscVector <Junk_at_webthere.com>
Date: 7 Apr 2007 15:48:35 -0700

On Apr 7, 3:26 pm, Andrea <n..._at_tin.it> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'll try to install a oracle 10g DB with active directory support for take
> advantage of integrated authentication in the 2003 domain.
>
> I've been read this doc:http://www.dizwell.com/prod/node/23
>
> and it describe to register (REGSVR32 SCHMMGMT) dll for alter the microsoft
> Active Directory Schema before create instance of db.
>
> I would like to know if this is a correct procedure and if could be incoming
> problem for AD of microsoft.
>
> Another question, is needed install oracle on windows server domain or also is
> enough on windows server standalone (joined in domain).
>
> thanks for your support and for anyone tips.
>
> bye
> andrea

Integrated authentication and Registering with Active Directory are two different things.
If you simply want to allow access to the database based on LDAP account you can simply configure for os_authent_prefix. If you really want AD integration, then the Dizwell link is very good. You won't be able to do much integration unless you are also a Domain Admin.

It should be a domain member, not a domain controller. The Windows admins will most likely not let you configure or install a domain controller.

Also, you don't have to integrate into the domain to use ADs name resolution. AD is a DNS by default, so you simply configure for HOST resolution. Received on Sat Apr 07 2007 - 17:48:35 CDT