Re: Can I remove a table from the recycle bin?

From: EscVector <Junk_at_webthere.com>
Date: 6 Apr 2007 19:20:44 -0700

On Apr 6, 9:31 pm, "Kaka" <kaka...._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to drop a data file from a tablespace. Oracle does not
> allow because the data file is not empty. So, I checked the dba
> segment and find there is only 1 file named 'BIN
> $LCHcrdonOwPgRAADukzrcg==$0' which is occupying the data file. Is
> there a way I can drop it? Thanks!

Here an e-mail I sent so some Java devs.

If you are tired of seeing new tables appear like BIN$gk3lsj/ 3akk5hg3j2lkl5j3d==$0,

run this command:

ALTER SYSTEM SET RECYCLEBIN=OFF;
This would need to be configured in the init file to be persistent if not using spfile.

If using a SPFILE:
ALTER SYSTEM SET RECYCLEBIN=OFF SCOPE=BOTH; You can clear out the recycle bin tables like this:

15:54:30 @> connect / as sysdba
Connected.
15:54:32 SYS_at_BJORk42> PURGE DBA_RECYCLEBIN; DBA Recyclebin purged.
Elapsed: 00:00:06.21
Or this:
15:54:40 SYS_at_BJORk42> purge recyclebin;
Recyclebin purged Received on Fri Apr 06 2007 - 21:20:44 CDT