Re: Configuration question

From: <oyyo500_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Apr 2007 16:11:26 -0700

On Apr 6, 6:13 pm, Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM-ME...._at_verizon.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 12:28:56 -0700, oyyo500 wrote:
> > (If I need to direct this elsewhere, that information would also be
> > appreciated).
>
> > I have downloaded the Oracle 10g Express and have installed it on Win2k
> > Server . Is it possible to run the SQL command line OR the "Database
> > Home Page" over the network? Is it possible to connect over the internet
> > or VPN?
>
> > Thanks much,
>
> > Steve
>
> When you downloaded the software, you should also have dowloaded the
> documentation. If you don't want to read documentation, you should go
> to oracle-l on freelists.org. Steve Adams and his Christian soldiers
> love posts like that. You can subscribe to oracle-l by sending email to
> request-oracle-l with keywords "subscribe oracle-l" in the subject line.
> Personally, I find posts like yours detestable. Questions like yours
> reaveal the utmost mental laziness and unwillingness to invest even
> the minimal effort.
> Steve will gladly protect you from guys like me. I find his list boring,
> low in quality and completely worthless, which means that you'll fit in
> just fine. So, go to the stupid questions list and forget all about this
> place.
>
> --http://www.mladen-gogala.com

My apologies for serving as such an affront to you. I appreciate the response, and hopefully I served as a decent vector for your internet- -rage.
You are right, I did download the system and the manuals and have been reading them, while managing my children and pregnant wife and my full time job. I wasn't looking to never read the manuals, rather was hoping to find either a pointer to a good starting point in the many manuals (other than RTFM) or some other source, so that I can learn and come up to speed from the main part of the house when everyone is home and be of some utility to her as well.

Ta for the heads up (and warning, it appears) about the oracle list. Also, since we are flaming for no apparent reason, thanks for the learning of alternate spellings of some words.

Don't forget your benecar and have a good day. [Nice website, I hope to learn from it and from you as I further my self training]

Thanks again,
Steve Received on Fri Apr 06 2007 - 18:11:26 CDT