Re: Another oracle resource goes down the drain

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 6 Apr 2007 08:18:14 -0700

On Apr 6, 1:42 am, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On 5 Apr 2007 16:09:08 -0700, "hpuxrac" <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:
>
> >I guess the question for you that I have is are you committed to
> >actively trying to help people on cdos now or do you just want to be
> >able to complain about stupid questions?
>
> >There's always the choice of "scrolling on by".
>
> Yeah, easy response. You probably are well aware most of these
> questions will go unresponded. Mostly because there are very few
> people answering the RTFM questions. You are usually not one of them.

Not sure exactly what you are trying to say. I do help out as time permits often answering all sorts of questions.

When the questions need some scope and context and demonstrate a lack of understanding of oracle concepts I tend to recommend tahiti.oracle.com asktom.oracle.com and/or Tom Kyte/Cary Millsap's books

> It is one of the main reasons why Daniel Morgan and myself are getting
> flamed over and over again, for not being able to hide irritation.

Nothing to do with any name calling?

> Yes there is always the choice of "scrolling by".
> Easy response, and VERY irritating.

Let someone else take it eventually if you don't feel like it. If it goes without a reply so be it. Maybe the OP would research themselves some more or include more available information to give people a better base to respond from.

> I would wish some of the regulars (of which you are obviously one)
> step up the plate, and take their fair share of the burden.

Not sure what a "fair share" might be. Everyone probably has different amounts of available time that vary widely day by day, week by week, month by month. Received on Fri Apr 06 2007 - 10:18:14 CDT