Re: Estimate temp space

From: Cristian Cudizio <cristian.cudizio_at_yahoo.it>
Date: 6 Apr 2007 05:07:24 -0700

On Apr 6, 1:07 am, Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM-ME...._at_verizon.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 14:19:35 -0700, DA Morgan wrote:
> > Try this:
>
> > explain plan for select source from sys.source$ order by source; set
> > linesize 121
> > select * from table(dbms_xplan.display);
>
> > I think you'll change your mind.
>
> You are right, I stand corrected. Thanks.
>
> --http://www.mladen-gogala.com

I think that what mladen gogala says is correct regard usage of temp tablespace.
If dabase uses Automati PGA management and set an high PGA_TARGET may be that
Oracle uses more RAM and less DISK (TEMP tablespace) Do you think this is right?

By

http://cristiancudizio.wordpress.it Received on Fri Apr 06 2007 - 07:07:24 CDT