Re: Another oracle resource goes down the drain

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM-ME.NOT_at_verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 21:11:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 11:44:26 -0700, pdxkevinc wrote:

> On Apr 5, 10:22 am, michaelnorb..._at_hotmail.com wrote:

>> Kevin Closson posts daily on oracle-l. Was it necessary for the
>> personal attack on Steve Adams? I remember reading your name on Tom
>> Kyte's blog about oracle-l and the quality of the people that post
>> there. Your name on that blog meant that you were a valued member of
>> the oracle community. Don't you think your actions take away from your
>> oracle reputation?

> I know for certain I didn't post on Monday April 2nd 'cause I was in
> meetings all day at Oracle HQ...
>
> :-) (smiley face)

I started to miss you already.

> I don't think personal attacks are right, ever. I get my share of them.

Actually, there is a fine line between personal attack and criticism. I don't think that this line has been crossed in my case, but Steve is is the final judge. I couldn't care less, the list is useless anyway.

> As for oracle-l, however, I do dislike the fact that it has morped into
> a non-stop series of questions that should be fired off at an Oracle
> Support tech in their first-line support organization. Posters on that
> list pay a LOT of money to Oracle for support but don't use it. Now that
> fact alone would be an interesting thread.

Unfortunately, it is not on oracle-l, where the iron hand of moral majority rules, it is here, on an unmoderated forum.

> Or is it that there are thousands of people that have free downloads and
> are running in production without paying for support? Ponder that for a
> moment. If it weren't for the free downloads, the list might look a lot
> different.

You, as usual, are right. That is why I keep reading your blog.

--
http://www.mladen-gogala.com