Re: Another oracle resource goes down the drain

From: <pdxkevinc_at_gmail.com>
Date: 5 Apr 2007 11:44:26 -0700

On Apr 5, 10:22 am, michaelnorb..._at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Kevin Closson posts daily on oracle-l.
> Was it necessary for the personal attack on Steve Adams?
> I remember reading your name on Tom Kyte's blog about oracle-l and the
> quality of the people that post there. Your name on that blog meant
> that you were a valued member of the oracle community.
> Don't you think your actions take away from your oracle reputation?

I know for certain I didn't post on Monday April 2nd 'cause I was in meetings all day at Oracle HQ...

:-) (smiley face)

I don't think personal attacks are right, ever. I get my share of them. As for oracle-l, however, I do dislike the fact that it has morped into a non-stop series of questions that should be fired off at an Oracle Support tech in their first-line support organization. Posters on that list pay a LOT of money to Oracle for support but don't use it. Now that fact alone would be an interesting thread.

Or is it that there are thousands of people that have free downloads and are running in production without paying for support? Ponder that for a moment. If it weren't for the free downloads, the list might look a lot different. Received on Thu Apr 05 2007 - 13:44:26 CDT