Re: Oracle Health & Statistics

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 07:57:44 -0700

Bobby wrote:

> Ok, I'll rephrase the question to see if i get any better responses.
> If "you" were asked to look at an Oracle server and see how well it
> was running, what items would you generally look at?

I would say the following:

  1. What is the SLA?
  2. What resources used by the application affect its ability to meet the required SLA?
  3. If I didn't know the answer to #2 I'd find it out through research.

Then I would purchase the Oracle Grid Control and set up the appropriate alerts.

Without Oracle expertise on your staff you are essentially doomed to failure but why shouldn't Oracle at least get license revenue for selling you the right tool for the job. <g>

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington