Re: Break out instances to different ports

From: <ken.holm_at_holmcc.com>
Date: 5 Apr 2007 07:18:09 -0700

> You need two named listeners in addition to your default listener to
> accomplish this, such as listener_test and listener_dev, on separate
> ports. Then change your tnsnames.ora to reflect the new port
> assignments. Then, start your additional listeners, connect to TEST
> and DEV and issue an 'alter system register;' to have your new
> listeners recognize them.

I have added this to my listener.ora file (sending DEV to port 1531):

SID_LIST_LISTENER_DEV =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =

      (SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
      (ORACLE_HOME = /app/oracle/product/oradata)
      (PROGRAM = extproc)

    )
  )

LISTENER_DEV =
  (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
    (DESCRIPTION =

      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1))
      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = unix18.umsmed.edu)(PORT =
1531))

    )
  )

I modified the port for DEV in tnsnames.ora to reflect the change in listener.ora.

When I issue the command:

lsnrctl start listener_dev

I get the following error:

TNS-01106: Listener using listener name LISTENER has already been started

> This is not rocket science, it's a simple listener configuration
> exercise. No down time should be necessary for any of the instances.

Thank you for the assistance. Received on Thu Apr 05 2007 - 09:18:09 CDT