Re: Oracle Standby Server

From: Dbvisit <arjen.visser_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 Apr 2007 16:41:55 -0700

On Apr 5, 9:33 am, "Rajesh Kapur" <rka..._at_mpr.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have 10gV2 SE1 instance running on a RHEL4 server. I want to build a
> standby server. I would like to take the redo-logs from the primary server
> and apply them to the standby server every 5 to 10 minutes, really a poor
> man's dataguard with possibility of losing upto 5 minutes of updates. Is
> there a white paper or document that would give me step-by-step instructions
> on how to do this? This will very likely require scripting. Do you have any
> scripts that you can share?
>
> Thanks!!!

Take a look at Dbvisit (www.dbvisit.com). Has similar features to Data Guard (including graceful switchover).
Dbvisit works with Oracle Standard Edition and Standard Edition ONE and RAC. Pretty easy to set-up and no init.ora changes required. Is cheaper than spending time to write your own scripts. Arjen Visser Received on Wed Apr 04 2007 - 18:41:55 CDT