Oracle Standby Server

From: Rajesh Kapur <rkapur_at_mpr.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 16:33:35 -0500

Hi,

I have 10gV2 SE1 instance running on a RHEL4 server. I want to build a standby server. I would like to take the redo-logs from the primary server and apply them to the standby server every 5 to 10 minutes, really a poor man's dataguard with possibility of losing upto 5 minutes of updates. Is there a white paper or document that would give me step-by-step instructions on how to do this? This will very likely require scripting. Do you have any scripts that you can share?

Thanks!!! Received on Wed Apr 04 2007 - 16:33:35 CDT