Re: EM scheduled RMAN backup & daylight saving time

From: <epokopac_at_excite.com>
Date: 4 Apr 2007 07:41:05 -0700

Try this:

OEM Database Control

Administration
  Global Attributes (located under Scheduler)

     "set DEFAULT_TIMEZONE to Canada/Eastern"
        Apply

Or log into SQL*Plus as sysdba and:

execute
dbms_scheduler.set_scheduler_attribute('DEFAULT_TIMEZONE','Canada/ Eastern');

"Bounce" OEM. May NOT be required, but it doesn't take long to do.

My WEEKNIGHT_ and WEEKEND_ Scheduler windows were behaving similar to your backup issue (i.e. running an hour later than they should since the switch to DST). Setting the DEFAULT_TIMEZONE to a DST-aware value (America/New_York) fixed it for me. There was NO value in there previously.

Regards,

    Eugene Received on Wed Apr 04 2007 - 09:41:05 CDT