Re: change sqlprompt at the time of switching user

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 3 Apr 2007 07:32:20 -0700

On Apr 2, 10:36 pm, "Ana C. Dent" <anaced..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> "peter" <hhh.datab..._at_gmail.com> wrote in news:1175567245.924424.48100
> @l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:
>
> > When I connect to sqlplus initially, I can set sqlprompt(using
> > glogin.sql). But when I switch user in between, it is not changing
> > sqlprompt. Is there any way to change sqlprompt at that time also.
> > Like we can do that in 10g.
> > Database : 9.2.0.8
> > OS : Sun Solaris/ Windows XP
>
> Please note the file name; gLOGIN.sql
> It is invoked only upon initial LOGIN.
>
> >Is there any way to change sqlprompt at that time also.
>
> Create a sql script that does both; chane user & change prompt.

This is definitely a 10gR2 feature change. Using 9.2.0.6
Connected to:
Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.6.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning, Real Application Clusters, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options
JServer Release 9.2.0.6.0 - Production

UT1 > connect mpowel01_at_dat1
Enter password:
Connected.
UT1 > select name from v$database;

NAME

DAT As Tom Kyte suggests create a connect script and store it in the sqplus search path

UT1 > @connect mpowel01_at_dat1
Enter password:
Connected.
dat1 >

dat1 > !more connect.sql
-- 20060707 stole from T Kyte Effective Oracle By Design Ch 2. connect &1
@login
connect.sql: END

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Apr 03 2007 - 09:32:20 CDT