Re: 10G tns questions

From: <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Apr 2007 07:22:16 -0700

On 3 apr, 15:49, GS <G..._at_GS.com> wrote:

> I checked the sqlnet, I am not using NTS and it is set at NONE. I am a
> little confused on why Oracle has set up with 2 homes and am wondering
> it there is a conflict with the path somewhere. When I type in lsnrctl

You're on Windows... Windows cannot switch profilesa s *ixes can. But you can (permanently, or temporarely) change your path - just make sure your 10G direcotries are named before the 9i.

> from a prompt I get an early version for some reason, 9.0.1.4.1, and it
> won't start, just returns TNS-12538,12560 and 00508, if I go the the bin
> directory of the newest home for the database I just installed I get
> version 10.2.0.3.0 and it wont start from the prompt (times out), but it
> will start from windows services tab but now is not showing any
> services. Some kind of weirdness happened with one of the installs I
> think. Was thinking this would be a quick find & fix but it looks like I
> may have to open a SR..

Your listener version should be the one with the server; if you have two
or more instances, use the highest avaibale version of the listener.

Isn't a firewall causing trouble? You're on windows... Received on Tue Apr 03 2007 - 09:22:16 CDT