Re: Where to start to become a DBA

From: Terminator <kramakrishnabest_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Apr 2007 05:33:40 -0700

On Apr 2, 11:56 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> gazzag wrote:
> > On 2 Apr, 15:35, "Ana C. Dent" <anaced..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> Nope, but I know where the reside & their general content & will go RTFM
> >> when I have a specific question which requires answer.- Hide quoted text -
>
> > So your "advice" to the OP was of limited use then?
>
> > Anyway, to the OP, I second the reading of Tom Kyte's Expert One-on-
> > One book and the advice of taking a few years in a development
> > environment as part of your training to becoming a DBA.
>
> > HTH
>
> > -g
>
> Limited use? I think it made the point rather ... well pointedly. <g>
>
> If you are not familiar with the docs how would you know what to look up?
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington
> damor..._at_x.washington.edu
> (replace x with u to respond)

Hi Dhanasekar,

   Becoming a dba is not a big deal. But implementing things as a dba is great deal.

   So, friend I will suggest you go ahead with

  1. The fundamentals of the architecture of the Oracle.
  2. Learn the terms used to call each operation.
  3. Understand the operations it makes and when does it makes.
  4. There is lot in different versions. Dig that first.
  5. Try to do the installations on the desktop based linux.
  6. Then only prefer oracles completed documentation.
  7. Then have hands on each and every topic and document the whole practical practise you make.

            I think these 7 points will help you achieving the things.

Regards
Ramakrishna Received on Tue Apr 03 2007 - 07:33:40 CDT