Re: Where to start to become a DBA

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 1 Apr 2007 15:38:13 -0700

On Apr 1, 9:47 am, "dhans" <dhan..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am Dhanasekar. Working as a system administrator.i want to
> become a DBA.i dont have any idea about oracle dba.please suggest me,
> where to start to become a DBA.
> I dont have knowledge in Softwares like sql.., etc.
>
> Kindly give your suggestions where to start?
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Dhans

Where to start? How about the documentation, which has already been suggested. Then I would seriously consider working as a developer for several years before attempting to become a DBA. You can't administer what you don't understand, and the surest route to understanding is developing applications and programs against an Oracle database.

Start there, then come back after about 8 years of development experience and ask again.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Sun Apr 01 2007 - 17:38:13 CDT