RMAN Duplicate Command for 8.1.6.1

From: <dbaplusplus_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1 Apr 2007 12:14:16 -0700

I am stuck with using Oracle 8.1.6.1 on HP UNIX 11. I want to duplicate
Primary database on HOST A to a Standby Database on HOST B. For initial setup of STNADBY database I will like to use RMAN's duplicate command. I will then create a standby control file outside of RMAN and copy to Standby database. Once standby data base is setup, I will use managed recovery to transfer archived logs from primary database to standby.

Based on reading various Oracle manuals, it should be doable (I think in Oracle 8.1.6.1
as well).

All RMAN duplicate examples show disk based backups and refer to image copies. My RMAN backups are backup sets stored on tape (using Netbackup's RMAN media manager layer). I think that duplicate command should be transparent to image copies
or backup sets.

Appreciate any response. Received on Sun Apr 01 2007 - 14:14:16 CDT