Re: rman rman-04015 charaset problem

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 19:00:41 +0200

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 17:25:32 -0700, Patrick Boulay <boulayp_at_free.fr> wrote:

>sorry for the lack of information :
>
>I am backing up using rman on a machine I would call B
>on this machine I Oracle 9.2.0.8.0 and a netackup environment
>I am connecting to a remote database with a B local rman repository
>the database I am backing up is on machine A ( same binaries ... 9.2.0.8.0 )
>
>I am using the following syntax
>
>rman target=rmandba/rmandba_at_targetdatabase rcvcat=rman/rman_at_rman
>
>as far I known backing up a remote database is possible with rman ...
>
>read you soon pal

Please do not top post. Ie: answer below the original reply, as humans happen to read from top to bottom, not the other way around.

Contrary to what you think, it is NOT possible to backup a database, not residing on the same server, with RMAN. The catalog database may be located elsewhere.
The rcvcat syntax has been deprecated in 8i.

I'm not your 'pal'

--

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA