How to do the equivalent of 'describe' with a SELECT?

From: Ramon F Herrera <ramon_at_conexus.net>
Date: 31 Mar 2007 07:50:06 -0700

The SQL code that I need is for a Pro*C/C++ application. Before my compiled C program does its main thing, it should check the current sizes of the variables in the target table.

I would like to be able to change the variables' sizes, for instance, from:

VARCHAR(20); to

VARCHAR(30); without having to recompile all my C programs. Or at least, reduce the impact of such resize.

TIA, -Ramon Received on Sat Mar 31 2007 - 09:50:06 CDT