Re: db startup fails because of ORA-01578, help!

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 11:22:20 +0200

On 30 Mar 2007 23:24:39 -0700, "fraund_at_uiuc.edu" <fraund_at_uiuc.edu> wrote:

>> You probably don't want to hear this.
>> Right now there are 2 scenarios.
>> 1 ) Get an export (hopefully you have one), recreate the database and
>> import your export
>
>Well, I don't want to hear it, but I need to do what I can. I can't
>create an export with expdp because the database is not online. Is
>there any other way to export the data from a closed database or from
>the .dbf file?
>
>Philipp

I was afraid for this answer.
So you have neither a backup nor an export made *prior* to the database corruption.
Then, providing you don't have support and/or the funds to pay for DUL, the only thing you can say to your database is RIP. What you describe in your second sentence is DUL, and Oracle won't make it publicly available, nor provide access to it for free, or as part of a support contract, for the evident reason it contains propietary information about the database structure.

--

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA