Oracle Text file_datastore with pdf files

From: Ben <balvey_at_comcast.net>
Date: 30 Mar 2007 12:48:00 -0700

9.2.0.5 Ent Ed AIX5L

I have recently been trying to create text indexes to search a product catalog that is in the form of Adobe pdf files.

I couldn't get the pdf's to filter correctly so I opened an SR with Oracle and was promptly told that Adobe version 7.0 pdf's are not support with Oracle Text file_datastore indexing and they wouldn't be until 11g is realeased. Adobe is already in version 8.0 ( i believe ) so by the time 11g is released I would guess that you won't be able to get a current pdf to filter still.

Does anyone have a workaround to creating a file_datastore on 9i with Adobe 7.0? Any help is appreciated, as I'm fairly helpless at the moment.

Thanks Received on Fri Mar 30 2007 - 14:48:00 CDT