ERROR divisor is equal to zero

From: <paulhux174_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 29 Mar 2007 23:27:13 -0700

 INSERT INTO table2

         (
          SELECT aa,bb,cc,
                 bb / package1.function1 (cc,dd )
          FROM table2
          where aa = 5
         )

-- ERROR

-- ORA-01476: divisor is equal to zero

-- package1.function1 (cc,dd ) is a very expensive function
(time wise)
-- and I could also put it in the where clause but it will
double the time.
-- I could put it in a case statement in the select
-- but that is the same problem

-- is there a way of checking the result of
package1.function1()
-- and excluding it from the select statement without
retrieving it twice. Received on Fri Mar 30 2007 - 01:27:13 CDT