Heterogenous Services with MySQL. Problem with Unicode

From: Isa <isapmon_at_terra.es>
Date: 29 Mar 2007 15:51:28 -0700

Hi:
I have an Oracle 10g, with CHARACTER SET WE8ISO8859P1 and NATIIONAL CHARACTER SET AL16UTF16.
I have columns with NVARCHAR2 type, and in this columns, I have put data with sql*loader (these data are in UTF8). I have a database link with MySQL, using Heterogenous Services. In this MySQL, I have tables with characterset UTF8. I want insert in the tables of MySQL, the data I have in the Oracle database, in columns nvarchar2.
I can't do it.
I have intended to use also DBMS_HS_PASSTHROUGH package, with BIND_VARIABLE_NCHAR but it don't work. The data apears null in MySQL. I have intended to use also "convert" function to convert from AL16UTF16 to AL32UTF8, before passing to MySQL, but it don't work. The only I have get is put the data of NVARCHAR2 in a VARCHAR2 variable, and pass this VARCHAR2 variable to MySQL, but then, I loss the unicode codification.
Somebody can help me?
Thanks in advance,
Isa Received on Thu Mar 29 2007 - 17:51:28 CDT