dbcontrol default ports

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Mar 2007 08:18:17 -0700

Oracle 10.2.0.2 on HP-UX

Two 'supposedly' identical installations of Oracle 10.2.0.2 on 'supposedly' identical servers. Used dbca to gen custom db creation scripts on one server. Run scripts, everything comes up fine. Copied same scripts to second server and executed. Everything ran fine, but we found that the dbcontrol was configured to use a different port. On the first server it configured itself to use port 5500, while on the second it is using 1158.

After reading some more docs, I saw that 5500 was the default for 9i, and it changed to 1158 for 10g. But neither of these boxes ever saw 9i. All's well that ends well, but I'm curious to find what was at the root of causing the installation to select different ports on the two different boxes. Can someone point me to the relevant documentation?

Thanks. Received on Thu Mar 29 2007 - 10:18:17 CDT