Redhat Vs Fedora Core for Oracle

From: Jagjeet Singh <jagjeet.malhi_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Mar 2007 21:14:40 -0700

Hi,

I have been using Redhat 2.1,3,4 to run oracle 9i/10g/OEM.

I am facing some problem with my laptop wifi connection under linux. I could not install the drivers
for that So, can not get access internet using wifi if I user linux for oracle practise.

My friend told me that Fedora Core is more advanced and having more drivers and I should try
to install this if it can pick my wifi driver.

I just want to know As Redhat has been using So widely for Real Time Database Servers [ In our comp. we are using this ].

Should I go for Fedora Core --

o Will same oracle rpm [ for redhat ] work for fedora core also ? o My only fear is -- I have been using lot of things like OEM, recently i have installed ASM libraries

   on redhat release 4. Will I be able to do same practice/rnd under fedora core.

I know this is open source but I just want to install this on my laptop.

Regards,
Jagjeet Singh Received on Wed Mar 28 2007 - 23:14:40 CDT