Re: RMAN level 0 complains it can't find archivelogs

From: Marcus Stumm <marcus.stumm_at_arcor.de>
Date: 28 Mar 2007 19:48:17 GMT

Am Tue, 27 Mar 2007 04:56:02 -0700 schrieb Andy Kent:

> On Mar 27, 12:26 pm, "sybrandb" <sybra..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there some way that can be circumvented with CROSSCHECK / DELETE
> EXPIRED or similar, or is the reference to the logs outside the scope
> of RMAN? I've implemented a recovery catalog since the missing
> archivelogs were created, don't know if that makes a difference.

A recovery catalog will make it easier when you need to perform point-in time recovery. Based on the init.ora parameter CONTROLFILE_RECORD_KEEP_TIME you will lose any RMAN repositrory records older then this value (default value is 7 days). A recovery catalog may avoid running into an issue.

instead of delete expired you can use CHANGE UNCATALOG.

Regards

Marcus Received on Wed Mar 28 2007 - 14:48:17 CDT