Re: Query sbt events throws an error ORA-00918: column ambiguously defined

From: Marcus Stumm <marcus.stumm_at_arcor.de>
Date: 28 Mar 2007 19:04:48 GMT

Am Mon, 26 Mar 2007 20:38:41 +0200 schrieb sybrandb:

> On 26 Mar 2007 18:20:49 GMT, Marcus Stumm <marcus.stumm_at_arcor.de>
> wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I am suspecting an issue with a Media Management Library. The Backup and
>>Recovery Advanced User's Guide from oracle states the the follwoing query
>>can be used to monitor sbt events.
>>
>>SELECT p.SPID, EVENT, SECONDS_IN_WAIT AS SEC_WAIT,
>>STATE, CLIENT_INFO
>>FROM V$SESSION_WAIT sw, V$SESSION s, V$PROCESS p
>>WHERE sw.EVENT LIKE 'sbt%'
>>AND s.SID=sw.SID
>>AND s.PADDR=p.ADDR;
>>
>>When I run this statement:
>>
>>SQL> SELECT p.SPID, EVENT, SECONDS_IN_WAIT AS SEC_WAIT,
>> 2 STATE, CLIENT_INFO
>> 3 FROM v$Session_WAIT sw,V$session s, v$process p
>> 4 WHERE sw.EVENT LIKE 'SBT%'
>> 5 and s.SID=sw.SID
>> 6 and s.PADDR=p.ADDR;
>>
>>it throws an error
>>
>>STATE, CLIENT_INFO
>>*
>>ERROR at line 2:
>>ORA-00918: column ambiguously defined
>>

>>But I can not see the reason why as my SQL-knowledge is not straight
>>enough. I would be greateful id somebody can help me out.
>>
>>Thanks in advance
>>
>>Marcus
>
> The state column occurs in more than one table, so SQL doesn't know
> from which one.
> You need to run
> DESC <table>
> and find out in which tables it occurs, choose the right one and
> prefix state with the alias of this table.
>
> Hth

Hello

following yur suggestions done the trick:

select p.SPID, sw.EVENT, sw.SECONDS_IN_WAIT AS SEC_WAIT, sw.STATE, CLIENT_INFO
FROM V$SESSION_WAIT sw, v$SESSION s, V$PROCESS p where sw.EVENT LIKE 'sbt%'
and s.SID=sw.SID
and s.PADDR=p.ADDR

How ever I tried all combinations but all coming back with:

now rows selected

so the MML can not be the issue.

Thansk for your help. Received on Wed Mar 28 2007 - 14:04:48 CDT