Re: Free, open source equivalent to SQL Modeler query builder in TOAD?

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:19:24 -0500

> Am I correct in saying Oracle's free SQL Developer doesn't have the
> slick, drag-a-table, nice query building capability of SQL Modeler
> within TOAD?

You are sort of correct. In SQL Developer, you can expand the tree list on the left to find the table names and columns. You can drag those into the SQL pane so as to save you some typing. But it is still up to you to correctly write the SQL. For instance, this drag and drop doesn't know anything about relationships, so you'll have to define the join conditions yourself.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net