Does oracle guarantees index access for a query execution

From: Basavaraj Kirunge <kirunge_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Mar 2007 05:03:48 -0700

I have indexes created on table mytb, explain plan of sql query which uses mytb shows all the indexes used which I have created. My question is does the indexes are used every time I execute the query.
Also, if a index is created by oracle for UNIQUE and PRIMARY KEY Columns.. does it uses such indexes everytime a query executed. Received on Wed Mar 28 2007 - 07:03:48 CDT