troubleshooting an error with dbms_repair

From: <fraund_at_uiuc.edu>
Date: 27 Mar 2007 23:59:10 -0700

I can't find any online help as to why I might be having this error. I am trying to use the dbms_repair package in order to diagnose a corrupted block. here is my progress following http://www.oracleutilities.com/Packages/dbms_repair.html.

(as sys)

SQL> begin
  2 dbms_repair.admin_tables(

  3  table_name => 'REPAIR_TEST',
  4  table_type => dbms_repair.repair_table,
  5  action     => dbms_repair.create_action,
  6  tablespace => 'SYSTEM'

  7 );
  8 end;
  9 /

SQL> begin
  2 dbms_repair.admin_tables(

  3  table_name => 'ORPHAN_TEST',
  4  table_type => dbms_repair.orphan_table,
  5  action     => dbms_repair.create_action,
  6  tablespace => 'SYSTEM'

  7 );
  8 end;
  9 /

SQL> set serveroutput on
SQL> declare corr_count binary_integer;
  2 begin
  3 corr_count := 0;
  4 DBMS_REPAIR.CHECK_OBJECT(

  5  SCHEMA_NAME => 'SYSTEM',
  6  OBJECT_NAME => 'UIUC_SLO_PARAMETERS',
  7  REPAIR_TABLE_NAME => 'REPAIR_TEST',
  8  corrupt_count     => corr_count

  9 );
 10 dbms_output.put_line(to_char(corr_count));  11 end;
 12 /
declare corr_count binary_integer;
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_REPAIR", line 293
ORA-06512: at line 4

I've tried variations on this, using more parameters in the check_object call. Which table or view are they referring to? And where can I look up line 293 in SYS.DBMS_REPAIR? Maybe it is obvious to someone what could be causing the error, I'm somewhat new at database administration so thank you in advance for guidance and suggestions.

Philipp Received on Wed Mar 28 2007 - 01:59:10 CDT