Clarifying something in the online docs

From: BD <robert.drea_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Mar 2007 13:02:15 -0700

I'm using materialized views to replicate about 100 tables from one database to another.

I'm using the 'refresh' procedure, and refreshing each mv individually, with the 'force' method.

And, I'm attempting to automate the process.

This automation would be simpler if I could issue a single refresh statement, which would refresh all mvs at once.

The documentation for the DBMS_MVIEW.REFRESH_ALL_MVIEWS procedure requires that "The materialized view and all of the master tables or master materialized views on which it depends are local."

Does this imply that if my mvs are on the local db and the tables to which they refer are on a remote db that I'm accessing via a db link, I will always need to use individual refresh statements to update these views?

This is not a particular problem, as I've already created table-driven scripting to accomodate this - I'd just like to be clear that there isn't one single procedure that I can call which will refresh all mvs in a schema/database.

Thanks,

BD Received on Tue Mar 27 2007 - 15:02:15 CDT