Free, open source equivalent to SQL Modeler query builder in TOAD?

From: <dananrg_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Mar 2007 08:07:36 -0700

Is there a free and open source (or even free and closed source) equivalent to TOAD's query builder (SQL Modeler)? I love SQL Modeler, but TOAD isn't cheap.

I understand Oracle has come out with a free closed source product similar to TOAD - SQL Developer - but as far as I know, its query builder is primitive compared to the SQL Modeler component of TOAD. Anyone who has used SQL Modeler knows what I'm talking about--it's very slick and easy to use; particularly for verrrry complex multitable  queries.

TOAD's free version does not include SQL Modeler. It appears as an option, but it tells you to upgrade to the commercial version to get that type of functionality. I use TOAD at work, but again it's costly-- I was hoping Oracle's SQL Developer would be like SQL Modeler (who doesn't like free?). Received on Tue Mar 27 2007 - 10:07:36 CDT