Re: the maximal limit to write file in utl_file package

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 26 Mar 2007 08:47:43 -0700

On Mar 26, 11:22 am, "ing_ora" <zan..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Does someone know if the maximum limit to write a file by built_in
> package UTL_FILE is in Orcale 10G has been increased ??
>
> I know that in Orcale8 was the maximal limit only 1022 bytes!
>
> so I would like to know , how much is the maximal limit within Orcale
> 10G.
>
> Thank you,

You could consult the 10.2 PL/SQL Supplied Packages and Types manual where you would find >> The maximum size of the buffer parameter is 32767 bytes unless you specify a smaller size in FOPEN. If unspecified, Oracle supplies a default value of 1024. <<

But then the same information also appears in the 9.2 manual entry for put_line so Oracle changed this a while back.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Mon Mar 26 2007 - 10:47:43 CDT